In 1927, a lot located on Walnut Street (now 102 Walnut Street) was donated by Mr. & Mrs. Nelson J. Brown, Mrs. Nan Brown Van Ripper and Miss Esther Brown, as grounds for erecting a new fire house. A one story block building for housing two engines was erected on this lot in 1930. Mr. & Mrs. W.H. Good donated our first siren which was mounted atop the fire house. There it was found to be in a sound pocket. The siren would soon be placed on a tall windmill tower behind the building. This fire station was replaced in 1950 by a new, larger station built around the corner on Main Street. The old building was conveyed to the Commissioners of Church Hill, who removed the two bay doors and utilized the space to store voting machines. The property changed hands several times over the years, with the building being razed in the process. The property is now owned by the Town of Church Hill and is a parking lot for town hall.